If you know me, you know how much I love pugs. I love their adorable smushed in faces, their short and stocky stature and the constant snorting. There are a lot of people who share my love of this amazing toy breed but of coarse there are a few who don’t. What ever your views I thought I would take this opportunity to shed some light on this wrinkly, fun-loving breed!
1. The Pug is one of the oldest breeds of dogs, dating back to 400 BC.
2. Buddhist Monasteries kept Pugs as pets in Tibet.
3. British soldiers brought Pugs back from the Imperial palace in China in 1860.
4. The original name for the Pug was lo Chiang-sze.
5. Marie Antoinette owned a Pug named Mops!
6. The American Kennel Club recognized the Pug Breed in 1885.
7. Only one pug has ever won the Westminster Kennel Club show. It was Dhandys Favorite Woodchuck in 1981.
8. Pugs are prone to eye and respiratory problems due to their large eyes and flat faces.
9. Pugs come in three colors: Silver Fawn, Apricot Fawn, and Black.
10. Pugs are super adorable and hilarious!